To check availability at the Canal Vue Residential Care Home, call us now to arrange a visit or discuss your needs.
Located under 7 miles from the centre of Nottingham, and offering convenient for access from Ilkeston railway station or the M1. Canal Vue provides Residential Care in a tranquil canal-side setting.
- Canal Vue provides residential and dementia care
- Home cooked food daily – Planned varied Menu
- lounge areas offering library/reading, specialist activity, quiet and sensory areas
- Relatives looking for a home often visit several to help make an informed choice. You may like to print off a copy of our Checklist to help you make your own assessment.
- Dedicated activities co-ordinator, regularly organised pastimes and pursuits
- Fully qualified staff, with annual training programme
- Care Home Manager with extensive experience in a variety of care roles
- Managers are supported by a trained, committed and genuinely caring team of; care assistants, activities coordinator, administrators, catering, maintenance and housekeepers
- 365 x 24 hour call system with night and day care
- Gardens with several seating areas and direct French door access
- A bookable, welcoming, fully cleansed indoor visitor pod, to enable personal visits during Covid-19 (subject to changes in restrictions and dependent on resident assessment)
- Free Wi-Fi access for visitors
- Designated hydration stations and snacks available at all times
- Following residents and relatives survey we review to see if further improvements can be made
- Rooms are tastefully decorated, the furniture is a light solid oak and rooms can be personalised with favourite items
A recently launched pen pal initiative brings the beauty and value of handwritten letters to the residents of Canal Vue Care Home as they strike-up friendships with people in the local community.
“Mum had been diagnosed with terminal cancer and eventually went into hospital for palliative care. After a few weeks the hospital said that she must move to a care home. We looked in dismay at several homes before finding Canal Vue that was a dream come true. Mum went there and had brilliant care for the last 5 weeks of her life. The homes management and staff were all very efficient, friendly and caring to both Mum and the whole family who were going through a difficult time – nothing was too much trouble. We miss Mum and our new friends at Canal Vue.”
Daughter of Barbara A.
Caroline Carraher – Care Manager
Previous work experience in customer service in a wide range of businesses, helps make Caroline an ideal Care Manager at Canal Vue. ‘A background in customer service is great preparation for this role, organising and providing assistance being a large part of the job. Pairing up with an experienced team of caring staff, provides the ultimate combination for management at ’
‘When you walk in you immediately feel the support and team working together to provide a high standard of care.’
We take all ratings seriously and actively work to ensure all our homes achieve the highest standards through measures including our continuous staff training programme and responding positively to feedback from staff, CQC, residents and their relatives.”
Come and visit any of our homes at any time to see for yourself how our focus is on residents wellbeing.