Home vacancy enquiries: call Fran 0739 928 9956
Canal Vue Residential Home, Ilkeston
Awsworth Rd, Ilkeston, Derby. DE7 8JF
To check availability at the Canal Vue Residential Care Home, call us now to arrange a visit or discuss your needs.
Located under 7 miles from the centre of Nottingham, and offering convenient for access from Ilkeston railway station or the M1. Canal Vue provides Residential Care in a tranquil canal-side setting.
- Canal Vue provides residential and dementia care
- Home cooked food daily – Planned varied Menu
- lounge areas offering library/reading, specialist activity, quiet and sensory areas
- Relatives looking for a home often visit several to help make an informed choice. You may like to print off a copy of our Checklist to help you make your own assessment.
- Dedicated activities co-ordinator, regularly organised pastimes and pursuits
- Fully qualified staff, with annual training programme
- Care Home Manager with extensive experience in a variety of care roles
- Managers are supported by a trained, committed and genuinely caring team of; care assistants, activities coordinator, administrators, catering, maintenance and housekeepers
- 365 x 24 hour call system with night and day care
- Gardens with several seating areas and direct French door access
- Free Wi-Fi access for visitors
- Designated hydration stations and snacks available at all times
- Following residents and relatives survey we review to see if further improvements can be made
- Rooms are tastefully decorated, the furniture is a light solid oak and rooms can be personalised with favourite items
Great News at Canal Vue - 5 star ratings and Good in all aspects; ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ *** Safe, Well-led, Effective, Responsive, Caring***** ''It is a fantastic result, I am so pleased for all the staff who put the hard work in'' said owner Mr Day Noticeably: Staff were...
“Mum had been diagnosed with terminal cancer and eventually went into hospital for palliative care. After a few weeks the hospital said that she must move to a care home. We looked in dismay at several homes before finding Canal Vue that was a dream come true. Mum went there and had brilliant care for the last 5 weeks of her life. The homes management and staff were all very efficient, friendly and caring to both Mum and the whole family who were going through a difficult time – nothing was too much trouble. We miss Mum and our new friends at Canal Vue.”
Daughter of Barbara A.
Paula is from Nottingham and has trained and developed her career with Eastgate Care, starting from Care assistant to her current role as Manager at Canal Vue and now has reached her 20 year service award with the company. Flexibility in the job in the early years enabled Paula to bring up her family and each new role presented a challenge and an opportunity to progress with the support and encouragement of the team.
Paula’s priority as a Manager is to ensure individuals’ care, safety and needs are met and to support them if they require assistance to maintain their independence, within a safe environment whilst maintaining dignity and respect.
We take all ratings seriously and actively work to ensure all our homes achieve the highest standards through measures including our continuous staff training programme and responding positively to feedback from staff, CQC, residents and their relatives.”
Come and visit any of our homes at any time to see for yourself how our focus is on residents wellbeing.