Home vacancy enquiries only: call our Vacancy Coordinator 0739 928 9956
Canal Vue Residential Home, Ilkeston
Awsworth Rd, Ilkeston, Derby. DE7 8JF
To check availability at the Canal Vue Residential Care Home, call us now to arrange a visit or discuss your needs.
Located under 7 miles from the centre of Nottingham, and offering convenient for access from Ilkeston railway station or the M1. Canal Vue provides Residential Care in a tranquil canal-side setting.
- Canal Vue provides residential and dementia care
- Home cooked food daily – Planned varied Menu
- lounge areas offering library/reading, specialist activity, quiet and sensory areas
- Relatives looking for a home often visit several to help make an informed choice. You may like to print off a copy of our Checklist to help you make your own assessment.
- Dedicated activities co-ordinator, regularly organised pastimes and pursuits
- Fully qualified staff, with annual training programme
- Care Home Manager with extensive experience in a variety of care roles
- Managers are supported by a trained, committed and genuinely caring team of; care assistants, activities coordinator, administrators, catering, maintenance and housekeepers
- 365 x 24 hour call system with night and day care
- Gardens with several seating areas and direct French door access
- A bookable, welcoming, fully cleansed indoor visitor pod, to enable personal visits during Covid-19 (subject to changes in restrictions and dependent on resident assessment)
- Free Wi-Fi access for visitors
- Designated hydration stations and snacks available at all times
- Following residents and relatives survey we review to see if further improvements can be made
- Rooms are tastefully decorated, the furniture is a light solid oak and rooms can be personalised with favourite items
“Mum had been diagnosed with terminal cancer and eventually went into hospital for palliative care. After a few weeks the hospital said that she must move to a care home. We looked in dismay at several homes before finding Canal Vue that was a dream come true. Mum went there and had brilliant care for the last 5 weeks of her life. The homes management and staff were all very efficient, friendly and caring to both Mum and the whole family who were going through a difficult time – nothing was too much trouble. We miss Mum and our new friends at Canal Vue.”
Daughter of Barbara A.
With extensive experience in adult care and pairing up with an experienced team of caring staff, Laura will direct this lovely home into the hidden gem it deserves to be.
Having started her career working in care as a care assistant and apart from a spell with Derby City Council Laura has spent her working life dedicated to the task of delivering a high standard of care to the elderly. Independence and freedom for individuals coupled with staff working as a team to ensure the delivery of care, ‘which we would give to our Mums, Dads and all our relatives’ are important factors. ‘Family’ are key to Laura’s daily life and working closely with resident’s families is crucial to the delivery of personalised care for Canal Vue residents.
We take all ratings seriously and actively work to ensure all our homes achieve the highest standards through measures including our continuous staff training programme and responding positively to feedback from staff, CQC, residents and their relatives.”
Come and visit any of our homes at any time to see for yourself how our focus is on residents wellbeing.