We continue to be vigilant with the care of our residents and to protect our staff, with regular testing for Covid 19. We recognise the need for our elderly to have contact with friends and relatives and during lockdown encouraged ‘contact’ via Skype, telephone, ipad and through the window!
We appreciate the benefits of residents receiving visitors, but are mindful of the risk of introducing infection into the home and are following government guidance to support relatives visiting our homes. Restricted visiting is in place, limited to 1 or 2 ‘constant’ family members, with Gazebos and socially isolated garden areas providing ideal meeting spaces at our homes.
Visits must be booked in advance, so that we can manage the number of visitors at any one time. In order to provide safe visiting we ask that you adhere to our responsible visiting code by:
- Booking visits in advance for a specific day, time and length of visit
- Check in with the care home staff on the day prior to your visit, to ensure the situation in the service has not changed
- Be free of any COVID-19 symptoms on the day of their visit & not be unwell on the day of their visits
- Provide the necessary information, required by the home, at the visits (e.g. honest response to screening requirements about COVID-19 risk factors)
- Comply with the infection prevention and control measures, including a temperature test, mandatory hand hygiene, the use of PPE as required and social distancing requirements,
- Remaining in the designated visiting area
- Ensure that any gifts brought, can be sanitised, in line with relevant infection prevention and control (IPC) guidance.
Do not visit if you or anyone you have had contact with, have symptoms of Covid-19, or if you are waiting for the results of a test.
This guidance is subject to change due to the evolving nature of the pandemic and government guidance.
Admissions: We are open for new residents at all of our homes, subject to a negative COVID swab. We also ‘isolate’ new residents in their room for the first 14 days. We do not admit residents who are either symptomatic or have a positive test result until they test results are negative.